Sounds about right, don’t it?
Turkey! I love turkey! Berries – love them too. Except strawberries. Don’t love strawberries. But raspberries and blueberries and blackberries, love ’em. Don’t like blackberry seeds, but… whatever! LOL!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix salt, garlic powder, thyme and pepper; rub over turkey breasts. Place in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour water around turkey. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours (a thermometer inserted in turkey should read at least 165°).
- Remove turkey from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine compote ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until mixture is slightly thickened and apples are tender, 15-20 minutes. Serve turkey with compote.
Test Kitchen tipsUse frozen fruit when fresh is out of season.
5 ounces cooked turkey with 1/4 cup compote: 215 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Thar ya go!