Last week we had temps in the 80’s and overnight, it dropped into the 40’s and our high Thursday was almost 20 degrees lower than it was the day before.
And the pollen is killing me. I’m staying hungry! NOT a good sign!
I am counting down the days at school. 22 days with kids, 24 until the end! This summer’s goal is to clear out the garage. I have a LOT of stuff I don’t need or want. Right now, I”m taking things to school to gift them. I don’t need it! I’ve carted it all around for too long! Enough is enough!
So – how about a recipe. I”m not fond of seafood, but this looks good!
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- Brush fillets with melted butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, skin side up, in batches if necessary; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with basil, honey and pepper. Serve salmon with relish.
1 salmon fillet with 3 tablespoons relish: 215 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
And thar ya go!