Which is how I feel right now. I’ve plateaud after losing 30 pounds It’s starting to bother me, I gained weight with the quarantine. I gained weight with Covid. (Steroids) I dropped that weight by the time I returned to work and then the 30 pounds since Thanksgiving. I’ve dropped another dress size. I’m happy. I’d still like to continue to lose weight and I know breaks at times will happen.
On the other hand, I can’t afford to purchase a new wardrobe, so there, I did buy a belt and let’s just keep at it, okay?
Okay, I bought a pair of really cute pants some weeks back and they are taking their sweet time getting here.
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place cornflakes, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a blender; cover and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in bread crumbs and pecans. Place milk in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake 12-16 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking.
3 ounces cooked chicken: 203 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
I might be willing to borrow children so I can try this. Then again, I don’t need an excuse to be childish!
Thar ya go!
He needs some chicken nuggets.