Happy Weekend! I”m counting down the days. 27 with kids 29 until the bitter end. And this has been a bitter year!
Anyway – this is for you Asparagus lovers!
- 1 pound small red potatoes (about 10), halved
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 3 pouches (2-1/2 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved, optional
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-12 minutes, adding asparagus during the last 2-4 minutes of cooking. Drain potatoes and asparagus; immediately drop into ice water.
- To serve, drain potatoes and asparagus; pat dry and divide among 4 plates. Add tuna and, if desired, olives. Drizzle with dressing.
1 serving (calculated without olives): 233 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Thar ya go!
Sorry, I’m a tad late for GuyDay