But I save money if I go AFTER we eat. Go figure!
This is funny. About 15 years ago, my son made lettuce wraps. There was a chef on Food Network he liked and he followed the television show recipe. Thing CLEANED me out in 30 minutes HOTHOTHOT! Checking the recipe on the website when we saved the recipe for later, we noticed it had half the whatever was in it that was hot. I told him next time we’d make it even less than that!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with vegetables in sesame oil over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking up turkey into crumbles. Stir in hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic; cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve in lettuce leaves.
2 wraps: 292 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Thar ya go!