And birthday cake!
For my seafood lovers out there.
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets, cut into 4 portions
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place salmon in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine oil, vinegar, rosemary, garlic and salt. Pour half over salmon. Place asparagus and red pepper in a large bowl; drizzle with remaining oil mixture and toss to coat. Arrange around salmon in pan; sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake until salmon flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are tender, 12-15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
1 serving: 357 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
It’s kitchen tested with a 5 star rating!
Thar ya go!