Hey and how are we all? We’ve been waiting for all the Florence related rain and we STILL don’t have any! Now if I wanted to travel east or north about 30 minutes, we’d find it! My family in Western South Carolina and Northeast Georgia has gotten tons, but not us. Irks me they cancelled school Friday. Means they’ll take the day we had off in October. I needed that day in October, trust me!
I don’t know about you, but I am tired of YOGURT for lunch! Something has to give! I found a Diabetic Living magazine at the grocery checkout line the other day and there is some good stuff in it. Cheesy Chipotle-Cauliflower Mac and honey and ginger roasted turnips. Nummy!!! There is quite a bit I want to try – that Spawn wants to try even! I’ll start with…
Turkey Apple Brie Sandwiches!
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 whole wheat baguette
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 4 oz shredded cooked turkey breast (about one cup)
- 2 oz Brie cheese thinly slice
- 4 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Toss apple slice and lemon juice in a small bowl. Cut baguette crosswise into 4 sections. Cut each section in half lengthwise. Remove the soft inner portion of the bread, leaving a 1/4th inch shell. (Researve inner for another use, like to dip into soup or something)
- Top the bottom pieces of bread with lettuce, turkey, Brie, and the apple slices. Spread mustard on the top pieces and set one on each sandwich. Serve immediately or wrap and frig for up to 4 hours.
Here’s the supposedly important stuff.
Per serving –
Cal – 236
Carbs 32g (5g fiber, 7g sugar)
Fat – 5 g (3g sat fat)
Protein – 17g
Chol – 34 mg
Sodium – 431 mg
Now here’s the really important stuff…