Okay, I’m finding stuff, I want to try it and I love to share. I could eat Asian or Polynesian EVERY day of the week! No joking! I’m going to be in sad shape when I return to work Friday and the Chinese place is just across the street and I LOVE Coconut Chicken (which I suspect is quite fattening)
|There are 257 calories in 1 serving of Coconut Chicken.|
|Calorie breakdown: 41% fat, 35% carbs, 24% protein.|
Lovely. Google is my friend!
Calories from fat – 104. And the carbs – More Lovely. This, my friends, is what will kill me when I return.
EITHER way…. I do have more Asian Grilled I would like to share!
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, chicken breasts also work
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup soy sauce (LITE and LOW-SODIUM!)
- ½ cup brown sugar (Again, Splenda blend!)
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, grated
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- green onions, sliced for garnish
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, chicken broth, ginger and garlic. Reserve 1 cup sauce for basting. Add the chicken thighs and sauce to a ziplock bag and marinate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions if desired
- One pineapple cut into spears
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (Splenda blend!)
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- 1 t Cinnamon (Yes! A Diabetics dream spice!)
- Lay the pineapple spears on a pan. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. (If it seems thick, I always put it in the microwave for a few seconds so that it can easily pour on top of the pineapple.) Spread on top of the pineapple.
- Grill for about 7-10 minutes or until it is starting to turn golden brown. I always like to brush the excess sauce from the pan back on top of the pineapple before serving.
Spawn and I will be trying this!!!! It looks beyond yummy.
Almost as yummy as Him!