Hey there and happy Saturday!!! What are we doing this weekend? Guylty has jetted off to sunny Spain, I’m walking my bahootie off – Spawn and I saw Han Solo yesterday and we’re planning on seeing Oceans 8 Friday or Saturday. I’m hoping a trip to the beach is in the cards for us this week.
My blood sugar this morning was 133! I’m so happy. It’s been in the 140’s for a week and finally its dropping again! My goal, steady blood sugar is 104-114 and I’m getting closer and closer to that all the time! WHOOT!
My little flower garden is springing up. Remember this?
Well, 6 weeks ago I dug it up, laid down about 4 bags of potting soil, recycled an old tire
and planted gladiolas, zinnias, lot of summer wildflowers and 3 different types of sunflowers ranging from 6 foot Sunnys to 15 foot Red Suns. and there are quite a few Mammoths in the mix. So after 6 weeks of sun and rain, I have this…
I just planted the sunflowers this past week –
Three have popped through there in the middle. There will be more and they will dwarf the glads! There are a bunch mixed in with the zinnias and such. I’m hoping to see blooms in 30 days. They should bloom through September!
I WISH I knew what was eating my zinnias!
Ah well. You didn’t come to look at my garden, which gives me much joy and I’m sweating, working in it… so exercise! And sunshine, so lots of Vitamin D, which is the Happy Vitamin!
CHICKEN FAJITAS! (Diabetic friendly)
As I got this from my Outsmart Diabetes cookbook, it is diabetic friendly, meaning it’s diet friendly. We have modified this even further, (modifications in blue bold) so Weight Watchers should be happy with this.
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips.
- 1 bag (16oz) of frozen peppers and onions We cut and prefer fresh bell peppers and onions. it tastes better and is healthier
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas (12″ diameter) Again, we used low-carb whole wheat wraps. Fewer calories, lower carbs and healthier.
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 large tomato We forgo the tomatoes. But if you like tomatoes, go for it! Means more cheese, peppers and onions for me! Oh and we added shredded lettuce.
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese We like reduced fat Mexican Cheese. Yum!
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook, stirring as necessary for 5 to 7 minutes.
Add veggies and cook
Add seasoning mix and cook for 5 minutes.
We like to heat our tortillas, so we heat them in the microwave.
Lay ’em out and spread ’em up and spoon them up. Wrap and eat. Very good!
24 g protein *winnar*
59 g carbs
0 g sat fat
33 mg chol
9 g fiber
1192 mg sodium. (I think it’s less using the lower carb tortilla and the fresh ingredients over frozen)
OH!!!! Have some Richard!