Hey! I’m baaaaaaaaaack! Rested and ready to hit the last 5 weeks of school!
I gained weight the last couple of weeks. I would think lugging around Frankenboot, I would have lost, but nope. I’m not going to sweat it! It goes up and down and bottom line is I’m down a pant size and I’m thinking it’s time to bite the bullet and go down a top size next time I buy clothes. Which shouldn’t be necessary any time soon. I’m having a time hanging up clothes and finding a place for my shoes!
I’m putting these on the menu in the next week.
1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 TBL fresh lime juice
2 TBL water
2 tsp hot chili oil*
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
12 ounces well trimmed pork tenderloin
1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 sweet of red onion, cut into 1/2 chunks
2 cups hot cooked rice
if hot chili oil is not available, combine 2 tsp veggie oil and 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes in small micro safe cup. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute and let stand 5 minutes to infuse flavor.
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, water, chili oil, farlic and ginger in medium bowl, reserve 1/3 cup mixture for dipping. Set aside
- Cut pork tenderloin lengthwise in half. cut cross wise into 4 inch slices. Cut slices in 1/2 strips. Add to bowl with soy sauce mixture, toss to coat. Cover and frig at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- To prevent sticking, spray grid or grill with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare coals for grilling
- Remove pork from marinade, discard marinade. Alternatively weave pork strips, and thread bell pepper and onion chunks onto eight 8 to 10 inch metal skewers
- Grill, covered over medium hot coals 6 to 8 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in the center, turning halfway through grilling time. Serve with rice and reserved dipping sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Now for the interesting stuff. This came from one of my diabetic cookbooks. I don’t know the points for Weight Watchers, but again, WW tends to love diabetic recipes. The rice will drive the carbs and starch up, so… (Personally for me, I’d serve with stir fry veggies.)
248 Calories per serving.
16% calories from Fat
Total Fat – 4g
Saturated Fat – 1G
Protein 22 G
Cholesterol 49 G
Sodium 271 mg
Dietary Exchanges – 1 1/2 starch/Bread, 2 learn meats, 1 vegetable.
He looks like he needs a meal. Or a cheeseburger!