Last night I decided to try the recipe pictured on the front of the Weight Watchers Freestyle booklet, which looks so great in their skillet. I doubled it so it would feed four hungry people and ate two of the cutlets (=1 breast) myself. I added on corn-on-the-cob (which tastes surprisingly fine without butter) and fresh green beans to complete the meal. All for only 1 point for the olive oil! I saved so much in points that I had a 2 3/4 ounce glass of red wine for an extra 2 points! It was easy and quite delicious. Here’s the recipe:
Rosemary Chicken with Fresh Tomato-and-Balsamic Sauce
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary, divided
4 thin skinless, boneless chicken cutlets, 1/4 lb each (put your hand flat on a chicken breast and cut breast in half horizontally to make cutlets)
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp olive oil
2 thinly sliced shallots
2 minced garlic cloves (although we like more garlic than this)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (we used grape tomatoes)
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
2 tsp drained capers
1 tbsp lemon zest (too lazy… we used the equivalence in lemon juice = 1/2 tbsp)
- Sprinkle cutlets with 1/2 tsp of rosemary, 1/4 tsp of salt, and 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook just until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Add shallots and garlic to same skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook, stirring and scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, until vinegar evaporates.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, capers, lemon zest, 1 1/2 tsp rosemary, and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet and heat through.
not very hungrypeople, with 1 cutlet and 1/2 cup sauce per serving.
Here’s how it turned out:
And here’s how astonished Richard was at the thought of only 1 point for dinner! (Sorry he’s a little blurry!)