Woo-hoo! At my one-week weigh-in on the Weight Watchers plan, I am 5 pounds down!
The first week was really tough emotionally, as I struggled with feeling miserable and angry that I couldn’t just eat what I wanted. And it’s a stressful time at work, which for sure doesn’t help. Not only that, but here are some of the eating challenges I faced over the week:
- Cake in honour of someone who was leaving (in fact there’s another one tomorrow!)
- Specially commissioned cookies hand-delivered to each office by that same co-worker
- An evening where there was only time to get submarine sandwiches before driving my son to hockey
- A potluck lunch that I had to attend at one of our locations
- Being taken to by a supplier to a hockey game preceded by an amazing high-end buffet with roast beef, roast lamb, chicken thighs, scalloped potatoes, salads, pasta, prawn cocktail, desserts, and wine
- Nachos with beef and all the fixings on Super Bowl Sunday
- Tuesday morning meeting with a plate of blueberry danishes and pastries right in front of me
I somehow managed to make good choices, steering towards the zero-point foods and avoiding the worst excesses (although I still had a glass of wine on Saturday!)
One of the things that helped was trying a variation on Guylty’s lunchtime suggestion.
Turkey breast, stir fried peppers, and Laughing Cow herb and garlic cream cheese all on a small corn tortilla. 3 points and quite filling and tasty.
I also bought some 0% fat, plain Greek yoghurt. Mixed with sweet fresh blueberries, it makes a nice zero-point snack.
I’m feeling motivated to soldier on. How was your week?