LOOK!!!! Our FIRST healthy recipe!
Spawn makes this once a month. We do NOT put it over rice. This dish as is is THREE Weight Watcher points as is.
4 cloves garlic, minced and divided
1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2 inch pieces
1/4 cup unsalted peanuts or slivered almonds
1 TBL canola oil, divided
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
2 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 1/4 TB\\cups chicken broth, divided
1 TBL cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBL soy sauce.
- For marinade, combine half of garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in large bowl. Add chicken, turn to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning occasionally
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add peanuts, cook and stir 2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Transfer to small bowl
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade. Add 2 tsp oil to skillet, tilting to coat. Add chicken, cook and stir 2 minutes. Transfer to plate with slotted sppon
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in skillet, Add onion, and carrot, cook and stir 2 minutes. Add broccoli and 1/4 cup broth, bring to a boil over medium high heat.l Cover and cook 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 1 cup broth and cornstarch in small bowl until smooth.Add cornstarch mixture chicken and remaining garlic and salt to skillet. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat, sprinkle with soy sauce and peanuts.
Says it serves 4. This is a Winnar Winnar chicken dinnar for us!!! It is taken from our Chinese Favorites Recipe Card Collection, that strangely enough rang up as ‘Diabetic Cookbook’ when we bought it. Everything I’ve cooked out of it – okay everything SPAWN has cooked out of it – has been in the single digits of WW points.